Size & Weight
- MAIN UNIT SIZE – BODY ONLY (W X H X D)
- 890 mm x 64 mm x 96 mm (35 1/8 in x 2 5/8 in x 3 7/8 in) *Not including projection portion
- MAIN UNIT WEIGHT – BODY ONLY
- 3.1 kg / 6 lb 13 2 / 5 oz
- AMPLIFIER TYPE
- Digital Amplifier, S-Master
- AMPLIFIER CHANNELS
- INPUT AND OUTPUT TERMINALS
- USB type A (Firmware update only)
- RX (reciever)
- BLUETOOTH VERSION
- 2.2 / 2.3
- NUMBER OF INPUT/OUTPUT
- Input / Output: 1 / 1 (ARC / eARC)
- DOLBY VISION™ COMPATIBLE
- HLG (HYBRID LOG GAMMA)
- 2.2 / 2.3
- BRAVIA SYNC
- HDMI CEC
- HDMI INPUT
- Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital plus, Dolby True HD, Dolby Dual mono, DTS, DTS HD High Resolution Audio, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS ES, DTS 96 / 24, DTS: X, MPEG2-AAC
- HDMI EARC
- Dolby Digital,Dolby Digital plus,Dolby TrueHD,Dolby Atmos,Dolby Dual mono,DTS,DTS HD High Resolution Audio,DTS HD Master Audio,DTS ES,DTS 96 / 24,DTS: X,MPEG2-AAC
- OPTICAL INPUT
- Dolby Digital,Dolby Digital plus,Dolby Digital plus / Atmos,Dolby Dual mono,DTS,LPCM 2ch,MPEG2-AAC
- SOUND MODE
- Auto Sound,Cinema,Music,Game,News,Sports,Standard
- SOUND EFFECT
- Night Mode,Voice Mode
- VIRTUAL SURROUND TECHNOLOGY
- S-Force PRO,Vertical Surround Engine (Dolby Speaker Virtual/DTS Virtual:X)
- SPEAKER STRUCTURE
- 2.1ch (built-in Subwoofer)
- TV WIRELESS CONNECTION
- POWER CONSUMPTION
What’s In The Box
- Remote Control
- Batteries for remote commander
- HDMI Cable
- AC Adaptor
- AC Cord
- Quick Setup Guide
- Instruction Manual
Hear sound from all directions with simulated 7.1.2 surround sound
Vertical Surround Engine, our latest surround technology, lets you enjoy the thrill of Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® from a single slim unit. No matter what type of room you’re in, advanced DSP technology allows just two front speakers to reproduce full, cinematic sound from all around you, including from above.
Everything upscaled close to 7.1.2ch
Now you can enjoy everything you watch in maximum 7.1.2ch audio. Our advanced digital signal processing converts even stereo audio to cinematic surround with just the click of a button on the remote.
Sound modes to match your entertainment
Five different sound modes enhance your entertainment experience. Go deeper into the movies with Cinema mode, and enhance your game play thanks to Game mode created by Playstation developers. Sports mode fine tunes ambient crowd noise so you can feel the pitch-side action, while Music mode lets you hear the detail in every song. News mode is designed for clear dialogue.
Experience deep bass sound
The HT-X8500 has a powerful built-in dual subwoofer in the centre – so you can enjoy deep bass sound with minimal equipment cluttering up your living space.
Slim and elegant
Measuring just 890 x 64 x 96 mm, the HT-X8500 is slim, compact and unobtrusive, and complements your BRAVIA TV. Distinctive design elements include a punched metal speaker grille and sub-woofer ducts on both sides.
Enjoy all your movies in 4K HDR quality
With the latest 4K HDR 18Gbps pass through and HDCP 2.2/HDCP 2.3, the HT-X8500 is made for the latest home cinema formats including Dolby Vision, HDR10 and Hybrid Log Gamma.
Easily added to your AV system
Connect a games console, UHD Blu-ray™ player or your set-top box, as well as your TV with HDMI and optical digital inputs.
One-cable HDMI eARC
With HDMI eARC you can enjoy the latest high bitrate surround sound formats, like Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X®, from your compatible TV.
Wireless connectivity to your TV
With a Sony BRAVIA TV supporting Bluetooth® Transmitter you can send audio to your sound bar wirelessly.
Stream all your favourite music
Pair the HT-X8500 with your smartphone or tablet using Bluetooth® technology to wirelessly stream all your favourite albums and playlists
Experience sound from above
Thanks to Sony’s virtual surround technology, the soundbar can position sound in vertical space – so you can experience 3D audio without the need for in-ceiling or up-firing speakers. As well as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, Vertical Surround Engine lends a more realistic, multi-dimensional sound to other formats too.
Surround made simple
Using front speakers only, Sony’s unique digital sound field processing technology virtually reproduces the surround sound field, with audio coming at you from both sides. There’s no need to add rear speakers, meaning you can enjoy rich, cinematic surround sound without cluttering your living space.